Cosmetic Fillers (Botox) and Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers can give you a more youthful appearance for a fraction of what a traditional facelift costs and they are a great compliment to Botox cosmetic treatments. Dermal fillers can fill hollows, lines, and wrinkles in less than 30 minutes and volumize your cheeks, lips, temples, and more.
HA dermal fillers tend to be the more temporary option, and will typically last from 6 to 18 months. You might notice that lip injections to the lips will wear out a little faster than those to the nasolabial folds. Certain HA dermal fillers, such as VOLUMA, are formulated to last longer but are usually limited to certain areas, such as the cheeks.
While dermal fillers are casually known as “wrinkle fillers or volumizers” they can do much more than just that! Here are a few of the common issues dermal fillers can help address:
• Reduce marionette lines, smile lines, and parentheses
• Enhance & restore volume to sunken cheeks or temples for an instant, more youthful look
• Diminish vertical lip lines
• Plump & enhance the lips
• Smooth out a chin crease
• Improve symmetry among facial features
Here, at RevitalizeMaui, we specialize in delivering a very natural, fresh look that most of our patients desire. We offer a wide variety of dermal filler options and do an in-depth consultation with you to discuss your options when it comes to the specific product and placement for the most advantageous results. Each product has a certain, density, texture, and application, which means that certain fillers work better for certain areas of concern.
The Dermal Fillers used at RevitalizeMaui
Wonder which dermal filler might be right for you? While your provider will determine what product is best for you, the following diagram illustrates in general where injectors tend to apply certain products.
Below are the top three pros and cons to consider when you are thinking about getting dermal fillers on Maui:
- Treatment with dermal fillers is quick and only requires a topical anesthetic in most cases
- Results are immediate, and there is little to no downtime
- Dermal fillers provide a subtle look that can be adjusted to meet your specific aesthetic needs
- Dermal fillers are temporary and require repeat injections to maintain your goals
- Some people may be sensitive and experience bruising and swelling
- Results are dependent on the experience and qualifications of your injector
Minimizing Risks and Increasing Good Outcomes for Dermal Fillers:
Dermal fillers are among the safest cosmetic procedures available today, but there are still things you can do to help ensure your treatment is safe:
- Don’t let price be your guide. If you are offered a filler treatment that costs far less than the standard pricing in your area, it’s likely some compromises are being made – either in the skill of the provider, or the quality of the product. Never risk your face just for a bargain.
- All dermal fillers should be done in a medical setting with sterile instruments. When treatments are performed in homes, hotels, spas or resorts, they are not being done in medical environments, regardless of who is doing them.
- Do not get dermal fillers from sources outside of a doctor’s office. Know what you are being injected with! Do not be afraid to ask your doctor if an FDA-approved dermal filler is being used and if it was purchased directly from the maker. There have been reports of everything from industrial-grade silicone to baby oil being used in some cases. If a provider won’t give you this information, don’t let them do the procedure.
- Use sunscreen daily to help preserve your results, and to help protect against post-inflammatory pigment changes due to the needle sticks from injections.
Call us now at 808-419-7445 with any questions you may have or to schedule your treatment or consultation.
Thinking about getting Dermal Fillers and on Maui?
Ask about our current specials!